Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cheese Grater

There is this guy that I've been hanging out with for a while now, I'm gonna call him Chandler, just because I like the name although he is in now way like the Chandler from "Friends". Chandler and I met on a blind date which was set up by a mutual friend of ours. He is such a good looking guy, dark brown hair, dark eyes, tall, nice build....just all around good looking. Well we hit it off pretty good, went to dinner and then a movie. Well anyways on our way home I decided to hit him with a bombshell: tomorrow, I was to be getting braces.

I expected horror, shock, disgust, anything but the actual reaction that was given which was "That's cool".

So I got my braces and we continued to hang out, Chandler and I had a lot of fun together and he was really good with Kyra. Until...I cut him, yes it's true, I cut Chandler with my braces. I thought it couldn't happen, I heard about all the horror stories about kissing someone else with braces, getting stuck together, all sorts of things, but I never believed it, until that day when I CUT CHANDLER.

Needless to say I was rather embarrassed about the whole thing, and it took all of two days before all of our friends knew about it. So they started calling me "The Cheese Grater" I deserve it, I should have heeded the warning signs that were given to me before I went and kissed Chandler, but I didn't, and he ended up with a huge cut. Things got a little weird between us then, but I think it was more on my part than his. I didn't particuarlly like being known as "cheese girl" or "razor blade". As everything eventually does though, this story faded out along with his cut and most people don't bring it up anymore.

So if you ever see me out and about and I smile, just remember that those braces I have are dangerous and it would probably be best for you to keep your distance.
xoxo
Dacia

2 comments: