Monday, April 19, 2010

Worst Date Ever

Let's take a walk down memory lane today and re-visit my worst date ever.

I met Shawn in Jr. High, and if my memory serves me right, I do believe we were boyfriend/girlfriend for a couple of weeks. I hadn't seen Shawn since we graduated high school and when I moved home my sister said that he was a substitute teacher at her High School while he was home from deployment in the Army. Well eventually Shawn got a hold of me and asked me out on a date. We planned for a Friday night, dinner and a movie. I was actually really excited to go on this date, but remember I hadn't seen him since high school, which if you must know my age, was almost seven years ago.

Friday night came, and my doorbell rings, I open the door and Shawn is there to pick me up looking like The Hulk but minus being green. He was gargantuan. His shirt was streched to the maximum as it tried to fit over his muscles, but let me get this straight, I did not find this attractive. I was actually pretty terrified to be alone with this guy for the next few hours.

We decide to go to Chili's, which is great by me because i'm in love with their chicken crispers with honey mustard sauce...yum. We take a seat in the bar area and order our food and at the table next to us is a few of our friends we went to school with, one of which is a kid I always had a little bit of a crush on...we will call him Steven. Steven gets up, comes over, give me a hug and Shawn a hand shake. We chit chat a little, and I make it VERY clear that this was mine and Shawn's first date, that we WERE NOT together. When Steven walked back to his own table, I turn back to Shawn and I get a tongue lashing about how he didn't like the way Steven was looking at me and he was a scumbag. He also told me that I needed to be more aware of the things that were going on around me and he didn't appreciate the way I was dressed and that I looked like I was asking for it, and that's why Steven thought he could look at me the way he did. Now people, I was dressed in jeans, boots and a black short sleeved shirt...in no way was I dressed like I was asking for it.

Already this date has gotten uncomfortable, but I bear thru dinner listening to him ramble on and on about how awesome he his and how much he can lift and how he intimidates people the minute he walks into a room. I'm laughing about it now as I'm writing this. As we get up to go, I turn to tell Steven goodbye when Shawn wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me against him defensively before I could really say anything, and he halfways pulls me out of the restuarant. Now honestly, I'm and idiot and probably deserve what was coming for not just asking to be taken home then, but I'm also to polite for my own good, so off we went to the movies.

We go to the theather and he has bought tickets for "The Watchmen" before we even got there, the last flippin movie I wanted to watch was that one at the time, but again, I went with it. It was opening weekend, and the theather was packed. As we are walking in he tells about some of the drills he has to do for the Army and I barely listen, trying to make it look like I'm not really there with the guy at all. Then....get ready, Shawn bends down and grabs my legs around my knees and literally throws me over his shoulders, and starts running up the theater stairs. My purse was open at the time, and it hit me in the face as he threw me. My butt-crack is hanging out the top of my jeans for everyone to see and I watch as all the contents of my purse fall out and down the stairs. I am screaming the whole time for him to stop and when we get to the top he slams me down into a chair and said, "See, told you I was strong."

I was furious and tell him that all the stuff in my purse fell out, and he looked at me again, sat down and said "That'll teach you to be prepared, you should always be prepared for any type of situation that comes your way." I had to walk down the stairs and pick up my things with everyone staring at me and laughing. Not quite sure why I didn't just walk out but I ended up staying for the movie. At the end of the night as he walked me to the door, he cuped my face in his hands looked me straight in the eye, and said "Your beautiful Dacia, I can really see myself falling for you" and kissed my forehead. I have never talked or seen Shawn again, and I give a big thanks to AT&T for helping me block his number 20 minutes after I got home.

Worst date ever.

3 comments: