Friday, July 16, 2010

Friends Ex's

There is an invisible line that has been drawn on dating your friends ex, but when, if ever, does that line get removed? I've recently been talking to a guy that I'm not quite sure if I'm completely interested in dating, but I do enjoy talking to him and I think hanging out with him would be an experience that would be...interesting. Problem is, that my friend dated him for two years and now they aren't really on speaking terms at all. My friend has completely moved on, is now in a happy and stable relationship, but is a few dates worth risking our friendship?

Now, I've recently adopted the motto that I don't date my ex's friends, so I guess it should be the same with I won't date my friends ex's? Then how many people does that cut out of my available bachelors? About all but two. I will admit though, unless I had moved on, that I wouldn't handle it so well to see one of my friends with my ex.

I have a group of guy friends that this rule doesn't seem to apply at all. They share girls like girls share secrets. I don't see how this works out without them ever fighting but it seems to be something they are quite proud of. One guy brings a girl into the group, they date for a quick minute, break up, and two weeks later another guy is bringing the same girl around. I had to check my jaw when that happened in front of my eyes a few weeks ago. I just didn't believe their stories until then.

I'm opening this up to you, my friends. I know most of you will drop me a line on your opinion, and that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

What do you think about dating your friends ex? Or dating your ex's friends?

xoxo
Dacia

1 comment:

  1. I think the first step is to talk to the friend. She how she feels....

    ReplyDelete