Monday, November 15, 2010

Um....What?!

The other day I was having lunch with one of my closest girlfriends and she just had to call me out about one particularly embarrassing moment of mine. Since I have called out a few people on this "dating" blog, I decided it was now time to turn the tables and tell you a story about me.

I meet "Guy" thru said girlfriend above, he took me out to dinner and a movie, things were great, next week rolled around and he asked if I would like to come over to his house to hang out and watch a movie, and to bring my mini-me. I was very excited and after work, ran home, picked up my girl and called Guy to find out directions. He was living in a rental house with his parents, since their house had burnt down only a few months earlier, he didn't exactly have the best directions to the new place. He told me that his truck would be outside and that his dad would be also be outside so I would know it was their place.

I got semi-lost but after a couple quick turns I found myself staring at his dark blue Dodge 1500, I parked my car along the curb, grabbed little Kyra out the backseat and headed up the driveway. His dad walked out of the garage door and we exchanged "Hello's" and I followed him up the steps while saying "I guess I'll just follow you!" I was extremely chipper and nice trying to put on a good first impression to Guy's dad. He gave me a funny look which I assumed was because I had Kyra but let me in the door and I walked into the kitchen and met and introduced myself and Kyra to Guy's mom, and his brothers and sisters.

I took notice that Guy had REALLY young brothers and sisters...my daughters age young. We made our way to the living room and I kind of stood there awkwardly for a moment with his parents before I finally asked where Guy was. "Guy?" said the dad, "We don't have a Guy at this house."

Silence. My mouth dropped completely open when I finally realized I was at the wrong house! "Um....What?! Does Guy live here?"

"Who you looking for sweetie?" Said mom, as I'm slowly walking backwards towards the front door, with my heart in my throat and barely breathing.

"Guy Davis"

"Yeah, sweetie, never heard of him, and he definitely doesn't live here, but we'll help you find him"

At this point I am shocked, embarrassed, and just looking for a way out of the house, I get to the front door and dad is still trying to help me get directions, I throw open the front door, run down the driveway with Kyra in my arms and turn around and yell "I'm not from around here!" Yes, that is the only thing I could think of to say at that exact moment to help myself not look like a complete idiot. It didn't help I'm sure.

I open the car door, put my one year old on my lap and drive away with mom, dad and four little kids in the driveway staring at me. I had to pull over a few blocks away to catch myself.

For your information I did eventually find Guy's house. ;)

Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. omg. u never told me about this. i love it. completely love it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so funny! I don't think you ever told me that story!! How long ago was this?!

    ReplyDelete